Friday, March 9, 2007

British man woos Chinese girlfriend in romantic way

"Will You marry me?" A British man named Tom wooed his Chinese girlfriend on the scenic Purple Mountain. He decided to court Li Xin (alias) in such romantic way.

According to Modern Express, Tom currently works for an international school. He settled in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province from Yorkshire two years ago. "When I just arrived in Nanjing I was lonely, and it was she who gave me necessary help. She was kind and full of enthusiasm," he said. When Li Xin said she had never ridden the cable car up Purple Mountain, he vowed to help his girlfriend fulfill her dream one day.

He finally invited her to take the cable car to the famous Purple Mountain Observatory early one day. When Li arrived on the scene on time, she found nobody around except her boyfriend. He got the ring out of his pocket, and said "Will you marry me?" Her girlfriend was a little astonished, but she quickly accepted his proposal.

No comments: